Name Changes

A party in a divorce case may change their name to include restoration to the use of a former name, provided that the request is not made for any illegal, immoral, or fraudulent purpose. The same relief can be obtained outside of a divorce action, though it requires the filing of a separate motion.

More from Roberts Family Law

Protecting Business Interests In A Divorce

Don’t Lose Your Business Along with Your Marriage! You are a successful business owner who seemingly has it all – an adoring spouse and children, a thriving career with rapidly accumulating income and assets, and an ownership interest in your enterprise of choice....


27 Wood Lane, Rockville, MD 20850